Wednesday, April 21, 2021

A2Z Blogging Challenge, S is for...

 

Scene:

This is the section of your novel where your character or characters engage in some form of action or dialogue. A scene is a story with a beginning, middle, and an end. The scenes within a chapter are usually related. Some novels might have only one scene per chapter for the entire story. It is at this point that you review your scenes and make sure that they are exactly as they should be and can move a story on. If they aren’t then you either need to delete them, or rewrite to suit.


Self – Editing:

What you are doing right now, unless of course you have the money to spend in hiring someone to take your vomit draft and rewrite the novel. You are reviewing your novel, noting the mistakes you made, the holes you might need to fill, research to finish or update, and all the notes you can make before you rewrite it.


Story So Far:

For me, I have now Six Chapters edited, and am planning on changing the age of one of the younger characters from a young child to a teenager, and as she’d been controlled by a spell previously, I’ve decided to go along with a bug that is an ‘earworm’ type of thing, that controls whom ever it’s put into, by whom ever commands it, I do need to work out the details, but it’s coming along. I really don’t think I’m going to make anymore videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Morning...

What a dreary Monday afternoon, perfect really for some admin work. My thinking is if I get it out of the way today, I have the entire week ...