Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Blogging A2Z Challenge, Q is for...

 

*    Questionnaires:

Or bio’s which I’ve mentioned before can be quite handy for keeping all your character details, but did you know that you could also use questionnaires to construct the worlds you have your characters live in, especially if they are fantasy or sci – fi worlds, I bet you could even use one to construct a made up modern day town or city if required.

I’ve also used a questionnaire or bio when creating fictional businesses and organizations, they helped me keep track of what the business or organization created, who was employed there, and whether they were on the side of the good guys, or bad guys.

Now I only use these methods if the business, world or organization are main players in the novel, there is no point on going into depth with anything that won’t last longer than one chapter or mention.

Also don’t forget, a questionnaire can be handy if you get stuck with your writing, or re write, you can use a kind of questionnaire to help you out of the pickle you have set yourself in the form of an interview questionnaire that your character or characters answer about the event you are stuck on.


Quirks, do you have any in your writing? 

Did you overuse the same phrase, character motion (such as shrugging or sighing), or have characters repeat themselves a lot, I know that I have, so I’m getting rid of a great many of them as I go through the Novel.


*    Query Letters:

Personally, I wouldn’t even try to write one at this stage, I would wait until I got the next draft back from the beta readers and had made those changes. I think at this stage of the process your novel is still too raw, too much like vomit and not enough like a cohesive thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Morning...

What a dreary Monday afternoon, perfect really for some admin work. My thinking is if I get it out of the way today, I have the entire week ...