Monday, June 12, 2023

The Insecure Writers Support Group BELATED POST FOR JUNE:


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time - and return comments. This group is all about connecting!


Remember, the question is optional!

June 7 question - If you ever did stop writing, what would you replace it with?


First of all...let me just say, I don't see a day that I will ever stop writing. To me it's as natural as breathing, even if I do end up procrastinating, a LOT! But if I did have to give up for some mad, insane reason, it would be replaced by knitting, crochet and sewing (my other loves). My mom tried to teach me to do each of these things when I was little and failed. I wasn't ready. I taught myself later in life, and can manage to knit a top, and jumpers, as well as blankets (my faves), with crochet I've made mandalas and throws, and I've in the past...made dungarees, my daughters dresses, and have a pile of projects I'm aiming to finish at some stage this winter (after the book and novellas get published).

Then there is reading, I do love to read, but I've found since I had my little brain hiccup and stay in a Psychiatric ward to regulate my serotonin levels after completing a  BA, an MA, a house sale, and my daughters first year of uni away from home, as well as my middle son being robbed, and my eldest moving into his own place, all in the same five years...I haven't been able to read the same as I used to be able to, it was Kelley Armstrong's 'Other World' books and Sir Terry Pratchett books (rereads) that got me through that period of time.

TWW Author Bridgina Molloy

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot for five years. No wonder you needed a time out. Rereading is great, especially in stressful times. At least, that's what helps me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Today's posts are based on...

 How this works is each Friday I will pick either a picture prompt or word prompt and write a short story off the top of my head, it will be...