Saturday, April 3, 2021

A 2 Z video C is for...


 

Today's post is mostly about characters and most of the stuff to do with them. Creating a character Bio is easy enough to do especially in the beginning of your novel, as I say here, writing down name, age, location, etc., that you know when you start is important, don't loose that document, keep it safe on your computer, as a print out in a file, or written on one of those index cards and stored in a box. 

As you continue to write your novel and about your character, you will find that you find out more and more about your character. It would be a good idea to get into the habit of adding to your character bio's, and keeping them safe, much like the novel you are writing, backing these up is important.

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading plus watching. See you on Monday for 'D'

4 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to see how you are doing these. A post AND a video each day? *kow-tows 3 times* Impressive.

    I'm very good at starting with the bio. I'll even keep adding to it in the beginning, but when in the flow of a novel, how do you remember to add the details that come up later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ideally I leave a sticky note on the computer to remind myself to review and update the info on the character bio...and when I say to myself... "Did Devon have 3 or 5 brothers and where her sisters married?" Then I go through the bio and fill in what needs to be filled in, or updated. Also at the beginning and end of each draft.

      Delete
  2. I confess I never write a bio in advance. I'm happy to get to know my characters as I write their story, and they can often surprise me with something I didn't know about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough, but can I ask, do you jot down information about them, basic stuff and keep it close to where you write, because if you do...that's also a bio, not as long winded and drawn out as the one I've put up here, but it's the same thing.
      I do recommend keeping track of stuff, just in case you confuse one character with another. How is your A2Z coming along?

      Delete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Post from the bag....

The Post Ideas Mesh Bag! The question is... 'Are you a morning person or a night owl'? If I haven't had enough sleep I'm a g...