Saturday, May 8, 2021

Welcome to Best Bookstore Saturday


 When looking for stuff to blog about since the end of AtoZ, I thought that it would be a nice idea to mention some of my favorite bookstores, which will include those in America, London, Paris and here in Ireland. 

Our first bookstore is going to be Barnes and Nobles, I first came across it when I lived in New York, there were two then that I adored, one was located in Flushing, the other on fifth avenue, it was the latter that I tell everyone that I would love to live in, with several floors of books and magazines, it was heaven to someone who had come from a small town in Ireland to the massive huge big city. 

Barnes and Nobles in Flushing was smaller, but it was so cute and handy, I found a lot of my 'how to' write books (these I cherish dearly). I would travel to this store at least once a week, I doubt if it is still there now. 

A few years ago I brought my wife to New York, and introduced her to the Barnes and Nobles on fifth Avenue, she loved it as well. It felt good to be back.

I know that people have contention with stores such as these, but for me, it was about accessibility to books and they had / have it. Since moving home I have found their website, but cannot purchase anything from it...which is heart breaking, but maybe once covid is over I'll be able to pay my old haunts a visit again.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're right, and life returns to normal soon. I miss my favourite bookstore too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Today's posts are based on...

 How this works is each Friday I will pick either a picture prompt or word prompt and write a short story off the top of my head, it will be...