Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Insecure writers support group post

 The purpose of the Insecure writers group, is to share and encourage other writers in a safe space, regarding their songs and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. The post appears on the first Wednesday of the month. 


September 1 question - How do you define success as a writer? Is it holding your book in your hand? Having a short story published? Making a certain amount of income from your writing?

Success as a writer to me is finishing the novel I am writing, self publishing, and people not only buying it but enjoying it...to date I have only had one review, and the novel is being rewritten as I type this.
I also view my success in the fact that I am Municipal Liasion for Europe, Ireland, Galway for NANOWRIMO, and have won each year I have been part of it.
Another aspect of being a successful writer is the act of writing, sitting my butt in the chair, if even for an hour, or longer to do what I love.
Some say I will get it right, I will have awesome reviews, and fans...for now, I'm working on it, and having fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the rewrite! I'm also motivated most by the idea that people will read and enjoy my writing. And yes, butt-in-chair is the only way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

V is for...

Voracious writers As in, the amount of writing you get done or books published in a year...some writers / authors are Voracious in the amoun...