Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The Insecure Writers Post

 

This month's question is...all about our favourite writing craft book....my answer. Would be all of them...lol. But recently the ones I am enjoying the most are 'save the cat, writes a novel ' by Jessica Brody...this book rocks, jam packed with loads of fascinating and helpful information. I just love it and heartily recommend it.

Next up is 'Business for Authors, how to be an Author Entrepreneur ' by Joanna Penn. This book has nothing to do with how to write, but more about turning your writing into a business. This book has tonnes of very useful information, and also mentions may my a business plan and a yearly production plan (which I have done). She also talks about your book not being just print or ebook, but also audio, and illustrated. This one is also one I would recomend. Please note, the link to a plan on the site no longer works.

My third book is 'bullies, hazards and bitches, how to write the bad guys of fiction' by Jessica Page Morrell. It's a great book on what makes the villains, and people whom our hero's come up against. The info is well worth it, but for me I could have done with more on the women. Which is why I am actively looking for one. 

So, not just one, but three awesome books to look at, in three different areas. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I've read Save the Cat, but not the one just for novelists. I've heard really good things about it, so I do need to read it. I really enjoy Penn's blog, so I'm sure her book is good. Will definitely check that out.
    And, boy, villains are hard to write. It's too bad that it didn't have more about females. While I do have some male villains, I do create a lot of female ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three sound interesting. Adding to my enormous TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection there. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard a lot about 'Save the Cat'. I really need to look into that book.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Q is for...

 Queers, Disabled, People of Colour and other Minorities First things first, I'm Queer (the B in LGBTQ+) and I'm Disabled (degenera...