Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Thursday Review

 


This weeks Thursday Review is on 'The Business For Authors - How To Be An Author Entrepreneur' by Joanna Penn.  (https://www.thecreativepenn.com/


I have posted a version of this review on Goodreads.

I got the soft cover version of this in March, but didn't really get around to reading it until recently, I have pages folded down for things that I want to do from the book, and also pages of underlined material, which I think may or may not come in handy. 

One thing though, while this is an excellent book if you want to make self publishing your writing, your business, I don't think you should purchase it if you are looking for traditional publishing tips, or writing tips and tricks, it doesn't have any. 

I found it very interesting and loved all the details about setting yourself up as a business (and details about what kind of business), as well as how to diversify your product, such as looking at the many different ways a book can bring in payment, and I don't just mean who sells it for you.

There are loads of handy little nuggets of business information, such as writing a small business plan, info on making a projection chart using a calendar (can be monthly or yearly), plus info on some apps and programs that the Author Entrepreneur uses in her own business. 

I have to say that I really enjoyed reading through this book, and I'm in the process of using some of the stuff, I learned from it in my own life / writing business. I do recommend it, even if some of the downloads advertised in the book are no longer on her website. As a matter of fact I'm looking at maybe getting one or two others from the same Author.


TWW

1 comment:

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

V is for...

Voracious writers As in, the amount of writing you get done or books published in a year...some writers / authors are Voracious in the amoun...