Friday, April 8, 2022

F and G is for....

 Well look what I forgot to do yesterday....*sigh* My apologies, I was editing 'Demon' and taking the bottom of a dress to make it fit better (long story I'll do later). Anyway, today I am back, and I will be doing two letters F and G.



File:

Okay, now you're thinking, 'file, what's she on about'. Well I for one keep a file of images for inspiration, on people, places and things to do with my novels or that strike my eye when I read a magazine (though I don't read as many these days). I have a paper file of my story ideas (A5 binders)

As we're living in an age of technology, I tend to keep separate files of images, essays, story ideas on my computer. I also have a pinterest account where I keep images under the names of my novels or characters, like a Vampire File and Myths file.  I also use my Google Docs, One Note and Dropbox  for this purpose as well. 

When I'm stuck for an image, or an idea, I simply go and check the files and see what's sets the juices on fire. 


Graphic Novels:

I am an avid Graphic Novel reader, a fan of X-Men, Harley Quinn, Avengers and Sirens as well as one or two independents. I consider these a valuable source of inspiration when and before writing. For me when reading through them something that I see in a graphic novel could trigger some form of inspiration. Either the characters, the story writing (something that the writer didn't focus on that might be good for a story) or even the world and cityscapes.

 

An amazing Graphic Novel writer Gail Simone actually did a free comic book writing course a while back, and I was part of it, loved every second, and learned a great deal, including COMIC BOOK WRITING IS DARNED HARD. Now some might think...Naw, its easy, it's only comics, but let me tell you something...ITS NOT JUST COMICS. These things are harder than actual novels at times. so RESPECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

W is for...

 Writers Well Being... Get up from the computer, walk around. Drink water, eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner, have a snack, eat your vita...