Tuesday, November 1, 2022

HI There...*waves*



First up my apologies for not being around. Things have been rather chaotic. We've had illness, death, and courses to contend with. I tend to take time away from somethings in order to deal when these things happen, which is what I did, and I feel I'm all the better for it. No matter what we believe in, sudden illness and death are hard to handle and move forward from.

I had also been trying to get a grant to do a Masters in Creative Writing, but was refused on the grounds that I've already done an MA TWENTY YEARS ago in a different field. Apparently, they don't give a rat's ass about wanting to improve skills towards becoming self-employed. So, I have to accept that and let it go... (I am trying).

The course I mention is actually a free, once a week creative writing group that happens in Limerick City. The end result is a piece in a booklet they are constructing. I'm working on mine as well as doing... NaNoWriMo...

For those of you that haven't heard, NaNoWriMo is a month-long effort to write 50,000 words in any genre. You are up against yourself. Prizes are listed on the page (no cash, just some nice money off programs, and if you feel like spending, some merch). I've been doing this for years, and the last three as a ML (municipal liaison) for the Galway Region. This year I am going it alone, as we don't have an ML.
I aim to finish my Novel (yes Sorceress still isn't done 'le sigh') once and for all, then start on the second novels 'read aloud' editing.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Today's posts are based on...

 How this works is each Friday I will pick either a picture prompt or word prompt and write a short story off the top of my head, it will be...