Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Progress or something like it...


 So, I'm starting the next round of edits (well that's what I'm calling them), which is basically just me reading through the novel one more time and ensuring that all the changes flow correctly. Suffice to say it won't be quite the same as the one I sent out to the betas (SORRY about that betas). 

I'm also working on two novellas (see previous posts) and I hope to have them all ready in around the same time (EEEKKK).

I love writing, it's something that makes my day complete, sitting at the lap top in the living room, or at the desk top computer in my (very messy) office, letting my mind wander, and ideas flow from my brain to my finger tips. 

Sometimes it's difficult, other times it flows easily, and those days are magic. Everything works, the story takes shape, and the characters work their way through things easily. The difficult days are what I call my DOH!!! days, when my mind is off someplace else, and the words get stuck, where I can spend an hour looking for the correct word that I want to add to a sentence, but come up with every other word that doesn't mean what I need it to mean. 

I have always written, and always read. Little corners of libraries, under kitchen tables, when I should have been studying. Ideas have always flowed around my head, when growing up, walking at the dead of night (when you still could), when staring out class room windows (primary, secondary and uni) imagining myself or my characters off doing daring do's. 

I'm still the same way, my brain wanders, sometimes it forgets to come home, and has to be dragged back to the present, and other times it's present, even when it's not. How do you feel about reading and writing? Do they make you tick?

2 comments:

  1. It's great when the words flow. It's great to end up in your own little world.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

R is for...

 Reward.... The only reward most of us will get from being a writer and self published author, maybe even a trad published author is the sat...