Saturday, April 20, 2024

R is for...


 Reward....

The only reward most of us will get from being a writer and self published author, maybe even a trad published author is the satisfaction of publishing something that we have spent a long time perfecting, and loving. We won't be stinking rich (unless we somehow manage to write world rocking best sellers). We may not even be recognised or be left reviews of our novels. 

Some of us write our novels because it's something we love doing, and we know there are others out there that like our kind of stories, we just got to find them. We write because we have these stories in our heads that insist on being written, we have whole worlds and universes to transverse and take others with us. Readers who come to our books come to escape, to open pages and be transported to another world, and live the adventure with our heroines. 

Some authors can make enough to be comfortable, and they might even pay one or two bills. Some of us will go into teaching or facilitating, knowing that someone we are tutoring might become a  success.

It isn't my intention to dampen your parade with a thundercloud, heck I still hope to be up there someday, but we go into this knowing it may never happen. But if you want to be rich, it may take a bit, especially if you self publish and write what you want to write and not what the market is looking for. 


Rules...

I read someplace that there are three, but no one knows what they are (lol). 

Personally I go by these...

  • Write what you love
  • Write every day if you can
  • Watch Capitals and try to keep them out of the story if they aren't supposed to be there.
  • Anything goes, within reason
  • You can't edit a blank page (or screen) 



Reward

Reedsy Blog

By Liner

Self Publishing

Write a Book hq


Rules

Custom Writing

The Write Practice

Writing Ireland

Create your own rules


Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You can't edit a blank page is a great way to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'R' might also be for realistic. In the fair dinkum department what you say is true. I'm becoming increasingly interested in the idea of the one; the one reader who needs to read something I write because it will help them in some way. One word. One act of kindness. One person. If I can reach one person, touch one person, I will be satisfied. I've said this before, but you're thinking is so similar to mine that I feel I could have written his post. I'll have to hang with you after the Challenge.
    https://dacairns.com.au/blog/f/a-to-z-blogging-challenge-r

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Post from the bag....

The Post Ideas Mesh Bag! The question is... 'Are you a morning person or a night owl'? If I haven't had enough sleep I'm a g...