Monday, May 3, 2021

A2Z Blogging Challenge Reflection Post

 


Hi there everyone, welcome to my reflection post. 

I really enjoyed this years A2Z Blogging Challenge, this year I was blogging about Editing Your Novel, and had a few words for each letter. Like everyone else I had found difficulty with q - z, but did in the end manage to get through it. I was down on readers this year, but I'll put that down to the fact that editing a novel is not a subject that everyone is interested in. Also, it's difficult to edit a full novel in a month. 

I managed to complete the challenge, that is I got all the letters done, but did end up doing two block posts at the end, as life took over and the internet that I use was being a pain. I learned that it's not possible to finish editing a novel in one month, but it is possible to get 6 chapters edited. I found that I got about the same out of it as I put in, and found some lovely blogs to follow on afterwards.

As far as the shirts go, I don't have the money right now, they are lovely, and maybe next year if they are still an option I may save up to own one. I would like to thank all the members of the team for running this challenge every year, it is something that I enjoy doing, and even if I don't keep up with my own blog, at least for the month of April I have some great content and find some awesome blogs to follow.

I did begin by adding a video with each post I was doing, which worked okay for the beginning, but ran into trouble as Blogger only allows a certain amount, once that happened, I discovered that you can upload videos to YouTube, then add them to your posts here. I got a little annoyed with all the video faffing around, and stopped putting them up as I wasn't sure how advantageous they were, though I still like the idea, and may try the odd video post here now and again.

My favorite blogs to follow where:

  • The Great Raven I loved all the Greek myths that she discussed here, I've always been a fan of myths and legends, there were a few here that I hadn't been aware of which is always interesting.
  • Quilting Patchwork Applique This blog is amazing, every time I visited there was something new to take my fancy, and now that April is over, I have a long list of crafts to try from here.
  • Curious as a Cathy - Enjoying life through music, doodles and pix For a fan of cartoons and warner bros ones, these posts gave me the warm and fuzzies.
  • Weekends in Maine - Optimizing life in Maine Another Crafting Blog, with some rather amazing projects that along with Quilting, Patchwork, Applique I shall be attempting in May, June, July...etc.
  • Bronx Quilter I'm a wannabe quilter, and this blog is beautiful, check it out. 
  • I also spent a lot of time going back and forward to the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge official blog, I may not have commented on the posts, or even did any of the extra tasks, but it was always fun seeing what was going on.
As I said earlier, from Q to Z letters were a little difficult, and I did use an online dictionary to try and figure out what I could use in those posts, personally I think when you get to here, your mind goes "...what the heck am I going to put here..." and refuses to function, but with the prompting from the dictionary, thesaurus and also by typing in 'words beginning with...' 

The two posts with the highest views where 'Z' with 23, and 'L' with 10, then 'O' and 'U' with 9 each. Top views where from the USA, and Ireland (The Irish one was probably me checking in and up on my blog and comments) followed by England and Europe.

I would heartily recommend doing this challenge to anyone that might be in two minds about doing it next year. Thank you to all involved. It's been awesome.

TWW / Bridgina Molloy / Gina / Abydos6

3 comments:

  1. I am far too lazy to do the A-Z. Congratulations on your fortitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe that for a minute, and thanks for dropping by, it's always good to hear from you. Hugs.

      Delete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Morning...

What a dreary Monday afternoon, perfect really for some admin work. My thinking is if I get it out of the way today, I have the entire week ...