Monday, December 6, 2021

Collaboration in Writing #OpenBook Blog Hop


This is a new blog hop, #openbookbloghop

Dec 6, 2021

Have you ever written fanfiction or a story that was part of some else’s ‘world’? How does it differ from writing a story entirely on your own?


I've written Stargate SG1 fanfiction, X-Men fanfiction, Wolverine Fanfiction Dr. Who and Mutant X fanfiction, Years ago. That was actually how I met a great many fantastic online buddies. I even travelled to conventions with them. 

I found it a lot easier to write fanfiction, as I felt that I had the characters voices down, and seemed to have a few people that enjoyed reading them. It was a lot easier to write those as the characters were already formed, and research was reading about them, or watching their shows. 

Writing my own characters is more difficult, trying to do what had been already done for the fanfic characters myself was a whole lot different, and more difficult. But I think I've given it a good shot and managed to create some amazing original characters. 

Coming up with ideas has never been a problem *touch wood, fingers crossed* just everything else lol.Dec 6, 2021

Have you ever written fanfiction or a story that was part of some else’s ‘world’? How does it differ from writing a story entirely on your own?

Rules:
1. Link your blog to this hop.
2. Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.
3. Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
4. Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
5. Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.




3 comments:

  1. I've found my character's voices develop organically. It's like getting to know a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, do either of you know what I've done wrong in adding that link hop thing?

      Delete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

W is for...

 Writers Well Being... Get up from the computer, walk around. Drink water, eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner, have a snack, eat your vita...