Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Insecure Writers Support Post - December 1

 

Link to IWS is in the pic.


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

December 1 question - In your writing, what stresses you the most? What delights you?


So, what in my writing stresses me the most? 

I gotta say, it's the imposter syndrome, thinking why am I writing, others can write better than I can, they are published, and their works all have themes, and lessons, and look amazing, and here am I, over in this corner, writing a story because its been bugging me since I was a teen.  What right do I have to consider my self a decent writer or author. I mean, I'm 50+ and my confidence is not the best. Yes I get bursts where I am so happy and confident, then it crashes and burns. I see so many awesome writers on the TV, launching books that they wrote during lockdown, and I'm still fighting with my first one.

Now for the second half of that Question, what delights me...

Oh that is so easy, I love to write, I have so many stories to tell, they still excite me even after all these years, I keep thinking if I can just get one right. I always wanted to write a book that people could imagine themselves in, as I did when I was a kid, I believe that is what I'm creating. My characters are amazing, and interesting, so many varied personalities. Also, all of my Main characters are female, some are Gay, some are Aliens, and some are Women on a mission. 

2 comments:

  1. We share the same stresses, so it seems! I find it reassuring to have the support of a group such as this to realise I am not alone with these feelings. Hope you overcome yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one with stories from my teens that are still trying to get 'out' of my head, lol. Also that love of writing and putting down words. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Morning...

What a dreary Monday afternoon, perfect really for some admin work. My thinking is if I get it out of the way today, I have the entire week ...