Wednesday, March 2, 2022

March 2022 Insecure Writers Support Group Post


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!


When: First Wed of the Month.


March 2 question - Have you ever been conflicted about writing a story or adding a scene to a story? How did you decide to write it or not?

Several scenes had me conflicted, I did write them, I think even one made it into the published ebook, but I've since rethought and removed it. That scene was an attack on a woman, violent and abusive with hints of a possible rape. I think I took it out because it really wasn't necessary to the novel, it took away more than it gave, plus it was highly triggering not only to readers, but also to myself.

I realized that I was writing what I thought I should be writing, when in fact it wasn't necessary, yes my heroine still gets attacked, she still has to fight the guy off, but it's not nearly as awful as the first version was. 

In the novel I'm editing at the moment there was several detailed sex scenes, which would have made it an RXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX rated erotica novel, and that just didn't sit well with me anymore, so I've removed them and alluded to intimate scenes, before and after if you know what I mean. 

Those scenes had been added at a time when people loved to read what I was writing, but loved the X-rated scenes. Since then I don't write as much of them, and allude to them because my books are not R rated erotica. 

There is still a part of me that in the future might come up with a pen  name and attempt to write some, they might get a better audience than my fantasy novels...*sigh*.

I guess when deciding if a tough, rough or X scene is to be added I ask myself "Why is this scene here?" and "Is this scene necessary?" as well as "Does this scene move my story forward?" along with "Is this just for self gratification." now there is nothing wrong with the last one if you are writing erotica, but at this point in time I'm not. 

I hope you enjoyed reading my post this month...and hey look, I'm on time lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, you have reached the Wicked Writer, otherwise known as Bridgina Molloy, aka abydos6, aby6 or Gina, please leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!

Today's posts are based on...

 How this works is each Friday I will pick either a picture prompt or word prompt and write a short story off the top of my head, it will be...